EXERPT: I Truly believe that every person can become a hero. And I wasn’t a hero in my life until I did stuff, and learned how to do it .And I can teach it. And I teach it and its possible. You don’t have to be born with it, its not like a degree or something you can develop it like a muscle. And if you will do it, you are going to be happy. Because if you are not suffering from anxieties then you are happy, you clean anxieties then you are happy.” – Kfir Itzhaki
Kfir Itzhaki is an international speaker, author of ” Unconventional Weapon – The Complete Guide For Using Fear” [Currently only available in Hebrew], mediator, and the head of a worldwide organization for self-defense and psychology teachings- INSTINCT IIC.
Kfir was a professional martial arts competitor and won the Israeli Karate Championship. Prior to his enlistment in the IDF, he was on the verge of losing his sight following a surgical operation. In his military service, which included an extended service, he served as an operator and the head of combat training at “Duvdevan” – IDF’s elite counterterrorism unit. During the training period, he lost his short-term memory as a result of a training accident, and after completing the training period, he was sent to represent his unit at IDF’s Karate Championship, where he won the gold medal. Kfir completed IDF’s Krav Maga instructors’ course as well as IDF’s senior instructors course, with in the highest ranking and was selected as an excelled instructor in both courses.
As a civilian, Kfir was awarded two civilian medals of bravery and heroism after saving a girl from getting raped, and following another incident in which he chased and took over a terrorist with his bare hands during one of the most severe stabbing attacks during the Knife “Intifada”. During the terror attack, an event he was not involved at all before his intervention, Kfir himself was injured. Despite the injury and the extreme turn in his life, Kfir decided to finish his law studies and continue to lead the organization he founded.
His actions and contribution to the safety of the State of Israel have received international recognition in many media outlets around the world, and he has been awarded the prestigious “Guardian of Israel” award by StandWithUs organization. Thousands of people attended the awarding ceremony in Los Angeles, including ambassadors, IDF and US Army officials, as well as former Israeli and American security forces personnel.
- UTKM SHOP – Get your Merch Today
- UTKMU – Online Training
- UTKM Blog – Older Audio Episodes Here!
- Metro Vancouver School
Watch Video on Rumble:
- 00:00 – Start of Episode
- 00:32 – Episode Preview
- 01:07 – Guest Introduction
- 06:07 – Ad Read
- 08:21 – Podcast Start
- 17:15. Injuries, Overly aggressive Training & removing drills that made him lose memory from duvedevan
- 21:20 min mixing of Krav Maga and Traditional Martial arts and the challenges
- 24:30 How does Psychology fit in Kfirs life and his teaching
- 28:25 One of the best ways to Be happy is to train Krav Maga and 3 topics men in particular have difficulty with (Krav Maga, The ability to protect; Women and relationships; Money and Finances/Career)
- 35:52 Psychology background, experience and what lead Kfir to having a clinic and integrating Krav Maga, psychology and philosophy into teaching and our personal struggles
- 53:00 Replicating the Freeze experience during training
56:00 Negotiation, de-escalation aspect of self defense, the crazy card and other areas of Krav Maga Self Defense
- 59:00 the other areas of your life that can affect your training and the brain, behavior in self defense and the evolution of Krav Maga
- 1:07:00 The First Principle approach, sports psychology and working with instincts
- 1:23:00 How Krav Maga is perceived, and sold in north America and the world
- 1:30:00 Krav Maga Ranking, Curriculum structure and guns/knives in Krav Maga
- 1:40:00 Talking about Kfirs Book “Unconventional Weapon- The Complete Guide for using fear” and Digital Course.
- 1:45:00 “I truly believe everyone can be a hero” – Kfir
- 1:46:00 Fear and the last Two years and relationship with fear (Pandemic Fear and Anxiety)
- 1:45:00 Relationship with fear
- 2:00:30 Interview End